Hello my chickens!!
So sorry I haven’t posted on here for a while
Today I bring you a favorite of my household 🙂
butter chicken piessss….. awww yissss!!!
- Boneless chicken thighs ( cubed)
- Sheet of store bought puff pastry
- Handful of coriander
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 a lemons juice
- 1 can tomato puree
- 1 large white onion (diced)
. 3 tsp curry powder
. 3 tsp coriander flakes
. 1 tsp garam masala
. 1 tsp turmeric
. salt and pepper
. 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- In a medium sized pan heat the oil, once you know the oil is hot, add the onions, ginger, garlic and saute for 2 mins
- Add the tin of tomato puree
- Now add the chicken, coriander and spices
- Cook chicken for 10-12 mins
- Add the Greek yogurt and lemon juice and simmer for an extra 2-3 minutes.
- Roll out your pastry and cut out 6 circles with either a round cookie cutter or lid. ( the circle should be big enough to fit in a muffin tin.
- Now re-roll the left over pastry and cut 6 smaller circles for the tops of the pies. (you can substitute with mashed potatoes if you want.)
- Lightly spray your muffin tin with cooking oil and line them with the pastry and using a fork, poke two lines of holes at the bottom.
- fill with the butterchicken mixture and cover with the pastry covers.
- Brush the pies with a egg wash and bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees.
+ Tip: Leave pies in for longer if you don’t see them browning nicely or have opted for a bigger size.
Hope you enjoyed them as much as my family did 🙂