Josh and I really love burgers (probably one of our favorite foods) and mixing the flavors is just one of the ways I like experimenting with them. Don’t get me wrong we love a good ol greasy beef and cheese burger! the greasier the better, but sometimes we need to make sure that we are getting our greens in and find ways to enjoy it…. in a healthier way…
Hope you enjoy this recipe and I’ll be sure to post more weird and wacky burger recipes in the future.
- 400g Beef Mince
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 1 Tbsp of Flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Small Red Onion
- Handful of Coriander
- Handful of Basil Leaves
- 1 Tbsp of White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
Rest of the Ingrediants
- Brioche Burger Buns
- 1 Squirt of Aioli Sauce
- Jalapeno Chutney (optional)
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 x Sweet Corns on the Cob (Halved)
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- Sprinkle of Peri Peri Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp of Extra Hot Peri Peri Sauce (optional)
- Mix the beef, egg, flour and salt in a bowl and make two even balls.
- Heat a pan with oil on medium heat and cook your patty’s for 4-5 minutes on each side. This will give you a meium-rare patty. Cook for longer if you prefer it well done. Once cooked place the slices of cheese on the patty and close the lid so that the cheese can melt and settle on the patty.
- In a bowl mix your chopped up pickle salad elements and mix well with the oil and vineger.
- Toast your brioche buns in the oven or in a pan.
- Assemble your burger as so:
Lid of bun
- Place the corns on a sheet of tin foil.
- spread oil, salt, peri peri sauce and powder on the corn.
- Wrap the foil really tightly and grill on your stove.
- Rotate the corn every thirty seconds and cook for a total of 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot with your burger