I usually make this bad boy once every three months because it is quite decedent and definitely a treat!
This cheesecake requires little to no baking and is quite easy to make. (Fun kitchen project with the kids)
- 300g Plain Biscuits (Digestives/Wine/Malt)
- 120g Butter – Melted
- 500g Cream Cheese (Full Fat)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120g Confectioners’ sugar
- 300ml Cream
- 250g Milk Chocolate – Melted
- 150g Crunchie Chocolate – chopped up
- 50g Crunchie bar chopped up
- 3 Tbsp Nutella spread (For drizzling)
- Optional: Add Whipped cream or any other chocolate bits
- Place biscuits in a Ziploc bag and bash with a rolling pin. If you have a food processer you can blitz it in there too.
- Add the melted butter and press into a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake biscuit base in the oven for 1o minutes at 180 degrees and then set aside to cool. If you want to cool it quicker – place pan in the freezer whilst you make your filling.
- In a mixer bowl add your cream cheese (cut in blocks), icing sugar and cream. Using the balloon whisk attachment set your mixer on the lowest setting and mix for 6 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in your microwave. (Melt in 30 second bursts to avoid burning the chocolate).
- Add the melted chocolate to your mixer and mix for another minute.
- At this point you will want to stop the mixer and scrape down the sides in order to get all the cream cheese of the sides.
- Crank the mixer to medium high and mix for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped crunchie and fold it into the mixture with your spatula.
- Pour the filling onto your biscuit base and chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours. For a quicker chill time place the cheesecake in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Decorate however you want with toppings afterwards and enjoy 😊